Welcome

Thanks for visiting Repurposed. This blog is about a house we are moving out of, an old house we are rehabing, a family that is walking in faith, a marriage that presses on, and the journey that God is taking us on. A repurposed life...turning the ashes into beauty.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:12-14

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Where I live now

I have lived in my current house for 12 years.  We bought this house as a fixer upper in 2000 and spent the next 12 years turning into what it is today.  When we moved in, everyone thought we were crazy because we were leaving a brand new house that was just built for us.  No one could see what we saw in the new (old ) house.  In fact, the movers asked if we had lost a job.  No, the choice was completely ours. We  were so excited!  But reality set in the first night we moved in.  Our giant refrigerator did not fit in the kitchen;the movers plugged the old toilets and flooded the floor;  boxes filled the entire house so that we could hardly move from room to room.  To top it off,  when we finally went to bed the plumbing was making so much noise I thought that it was going to burst.  That night I thought I was going to have a nervous break down.  I cried myself to sleep hoping that I would wake up and find myself in my old (new) house when I woke up.  Morning brought hope and a remembrance of why we moved....hubby and I enjoyed coffee in our new back yard.  It was so peaceful and lovely. It was time to roll up our sleeves.  Twelve years of tearing down, and rebuilding gave us this...


So people are asking now, "Why are you leaving?  How can you leave something you worked so hard at building?  Did Stan lose his job?"  The answers are to follow in the next blogs, but I will preface them with this: 
My journal entry dated 1-20-12
( the morning before the sign went up in our front yard)

" To be attached to things of the world is to be tied to this world.  My hope is in the eternal life, where my home has already been prepared.  It is a place far superior than that of any earthly dwellings...created by the master of all creaton.  A home filled with peace, love and unending joy.  The Lord provides me with all I need in this life and in the everlasting.  My worries I give to him."

When the sign went up I had to re-read my entry over and over again.  That night I had a familiar feeling...intense nervousness.  Lots of prayer got me through the night.  They mostly went like this:  "Please God, don't let this house sell!  Let me know your will clearly by shutting this door!"  God answered loud and clear...  Our house sold in 2.5 days (the terms of which I can't legally disclose right now) but just let me say, that my husband said yes on the spot.  God answered my prayer...He was very clear....

2 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful thing to live in the center of the will of God. It doesn't mean it will be easy by any means, but it does bring a peace. I'll miss knowing you are down the street even if our time together lately has been sparse. Praying all of God's best for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, thank you for your very nice comment. You will forever have a special place in my heart. You introduced me to BSF, which transformed my life. Maybe we will see each other more when I don't live so close.

    ReplyDelete