Welcome

Thanks for visiting Repurposed. This blog is about a house we are moving out of, an old house we are rehabing, a family that is walking in faith, a marriage that presses on, and the journey that God is taking us on. A repurposed life...turning the ashes into beauty.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:12-14

Monday, February 13, 2012

Outdoor spaces I love

To add salt to the wound (for not having a girl), our new house comes with a dollhouse.  I would love for it to end up looking like this:

But the reality is that it will probably become a fort for fighting ninjas.  A girl can dream... 


I'm also very excited about this magnolia tree.  I had a really pretty magnolia tree in the backyard of our current house.  It was in full bloom when we first saw the house.  I was instantly in love, but years later I had to sacrifice it for a trampoline.  My boys thoroughly enjoyed it, but my heart has always been apologizing to the poor tree who did nothing to deserve such fate.  Now, I have a new magnolia who can help heal that wound.  God is good. 
Foxglove:
Probably my all-time favorite.  I'm not sure if there are any already there, since it is not the season for them, but if there aren't I will be planting them...lots of them.

What is your all-time favorite plant?

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, a fellow gardener! Living in Colorado is hard on my green thumb. I miss my home in West Covina where I had a tropical, herb, veggie garden and over 50 rose bushes that I tended everyday. I miss that, but love living in a place where I can breathe fresh air. It all balances itself out. My favorite plant of all time has to be Bird of Paradise. I have Hollyhock seeds that I gathered from an island off the southwest coast of France (red, pink, yellow, black, purple & white) and planted them all around my old neighborhood in CA. Those seeds produced the most beautiful hollyhocks and every year I would gather the seeds and save them. I planted a lot here in CO and they come back every year. One day when we get together I will bring you some. They will put a smile on your face...they do mine! Hope all is well with you my friend. ~tammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. foxglove are poisonous plants so, plant them only in the front yard were doggie won't get to them, they could be fatal if ingested. I know i am the bearer of bad news, but rather safe than sorry i say.

    ReplyDelete