Welcome

Thanks for visiting Repurposed. This blog is about a house we are moving out of, an old house we are rehabing, a family that is walking in faith, a marriage that presses on, and the journey that God is taking us on. A repurposed life...turning the ashes into beauty.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:12-14

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Because I can

A girl like me has more Dr Suess books than the average bear.  I'm always looking for ways to display them so that the memory of my beautiful boy, who loved them, will be alive and fresh in our home.  Originally, I  saw some book trees on pintrest and decided I wanted to try it.  But, like most of my pintrest pins, it remained only a great idea.  The other day the boys and I were watching HGTV as we wrote Christmas cards and we caught one of my favorite Christmas specials...The decorating of the White House.  When I saw that the White House had a book tree I was reminded that I wanted to try it.   This is what I came up with: 




The tree is in the Library/Schoolroom where we spend most of our day.  I absolutely love the way it turned out.  I might keep it up all year long!  

No comments:

Post a Comment