Welcome

Thanks for visiting Repurposed. This blog is about a house we are moving out of, an old house we are rehabing, a family that is walking in faith, a marriage that presses on, and the journey that God is taking us on. A repurposed life...turning the ashes into beauty.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:12-14

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Rainbows



"There is only one road to true human greatness: the road through suffering.”
Albert Einstein

Suffering is the last thing we want in our lives.  We ask God to remove it from us, to make the road easy, to keep us from it.  But God allows us to go through these trials for our own good.  At the time of suffering it seems incomprehensible how anything good can come from  such pain.  It feels like God has abandoned us or is punishing us.  How can a good God allow ___?  Why does He allow me to suffer this way?  And yet, as Albert Einstein tells us, it is precisely this pain that makes us great.  It is only with the lenses of eternity that we can see the good from the pain.  It is only after the storm subsides that we can see the rainbow.  During the downpour , you can't see any beauty.  You only feel the cold of the storm, the fright of the lightning and the not knowing of what comes next, how bad is it going to get?  Will it destroy me?

Of the people I most admire in this world, I can find one common denominator- great suffering.  What could have destroyed them didn’t.  What caused such unspeakable pain, has made them triumphant.  To be able to see the rainbow after growing up neglected, abandoned, abused is nothing less than Grace.  To watch a loved one die from Cancer- Amazing Grace.  I still cannot comprehend nor will I ever know how a heart that hurts so much from this great pain can continue to beat.  Yet it does.  It can even experience joy again.  So if you're going through this pain today, take heart.  You will be able to experience a rainbow again, someday.  Not today, but at the end of the storm. Battered and weary, you can look up to sky and know that our Heavenly Father is the one who tells the storm when it should pass.  He summons all the rainbows and He mends all the brokenness in our hearts.  May God shine His face upon you today and give you the peace that surpasses understanding. 



Love,
Marisa


.  

No comments:

Post a Comment