Welcome

Thanks for visiting Repurposed. This blog is about a house we are moving out of, an old house we are rehabing, a family that is walking in faith, a marriage that presses on, and the journey that God is taking us on. A repurposed life...turning the ashes into beauty.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:12-14

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Happy 18th Birthday Chris

I'm dusting off my blog site today.  On days like today I am drawn to write.  Today would have been Christopher's 18th birthday.  Likely, it would have been a very big day of celebration for my sweet boy.  He sure did like to celebrate life to the fullest.  Instead of planning a party, I plan and ponder on what would be the most significant way to mark this special day.  He is absent from his body, but is present in spirit each and every day.  The boy who taught me how much my heart could love, also taught me how much my heart can hurt.  But I do not mourn like those that don't believe in the Truth of Life.  I've been  asked many times how I do it, how do I go on?  The death of a child is every parent's worst nightmare, yet I survived it.  I continue to breath, to live everyday as fully as I am able, and to actually have joy in my life.  The truth is that I am one of the most sensitive people you'll ever know.  I cry at Hallmark commercials, hungry children, abused dogs, etc.  I never thought that I could survive such tragedy either.  This is only more testament that my strenght comes from The Lord and not from me.  My heart has been broken, but He holds it from falling apart.  I do feel overcome from sadness at times, but God gets me through it each and every time.  He never leaves me there.  So on this very special day I want to share my hope with you all.  Strength for our tragedies come only from The Lord.  The Blood of the Lamb has washed us all clean so that our sins do not keep us from going to heaven and joining our loved ones who also believed.  This is the greatest gift that mankind has ever known.  Jesus defeated death and because of Him, we will all be together one day.  So Happy Birthday my sweet Christopher John...until we meet again.  Until then I hold the memories you left me close to my heart.  Love, your momma.

Birthday Boy

Crazy about books


Having fun at Suessland in Orlando

He loved music

With his dad and brothers making smores in our backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment