Welcome

Thanks for visiting Repurposed. This blog is about a house we are moving out of, an old house we are rehabing, a family that is walking in faith, a marriage that presses on, and the journey that God is taking us on. A repurposed life...turning the ashes into beauty.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:12-14

Monday, February 20, 2012

Tents

Those of you who have boys know how crazy they are about tents.  My boys have been making tents since they learned how to stack my couch pillows.  I have to admit, that I wasn't always so happy to see my  pillows thrown around the family room.  But in retrospect, it gives me fond memories. 
This is a tent my husband built for them in our front yard.  They were so excited to be camping!  It was great!  Chris and I slept inside in our warm comfy beds and Ethan and Dylan roughed it outside with their dad.  
They are also into tree houses.  In fact Dylan thinks that his room in the new house is going to be in the tree house.  I don't know why (or how ) he thinks that I actually agreed to it.  He is telling everyone that his stuff is going to go inside of this:
I'm not sure that thing would hold more than thier bodies...but boys can dream.  Speaking of dreaming...

I wouldn't mind having this tree house myself :)  Maybe my husband and Uncle Chuy (from September Rust) will get together for a summer project.  Wishes sometimes come true...

"Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.  Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling...Now it is God who made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." 
2Corinthians 5:1-5

1 comment:

  1. i love this picture of Ethan and the tent...i was thinking they should have a campout this summer when the weather is warmer...they would love it!

    ReplyDelete