Welcome

Thanks for visiting Repurposed. This blog is about a house we are moving out of, an old house we are rehabing, a family that is walking in faith, a marriage that presses on, and the journey that God is taking us on. A repurposed life...turning the ashes into beauty.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:12-14

Sunday, October 7, 2012

October 7, 1993

Nineteen years ago, today, I was a high school teacher at my old alma matter, Baldwin Park High School. It was the job of my dreams. After school that day I walked into an almost empy Chili's bar to meet the tall dark and handsome Italian guy my girlfriend had set me up with. I looked around and could not find a tall, dark and handsome Italian guy but there was a tall white dude waving at me from the bar. "Here we go again", I thought as another blind date had been falsely embelished. I walked over to the table where he was sitting and figured I'd be polite and have a drink with him. I thought of the many excuses I had previously used to get out of a bad date: I have to take my dog on a walk, the dog just had surgery, I had papers to grade. But to my surprise I did not need any of them.

He quickly won me over with his fun and witty personality. I was taken back at how many people came by to say hello and how he was so openly caring with even his male aquaintences. A year later, we got engaged and the rest is history.

So today we will take the boys back to the place where it all happened. We will have an early dinner at the Chili's in West Covina. I'm even going to try and fit into the little red dress that he first met me in. Wish me luck!
(excuse the old picture...its a poloroid..lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment